Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Saint Martin's University
||Lacey, WA United States
Public Safety Officer |
Provide security, safety and community service to University employees, students and the visiting public.
Ranked by Niche as the second (#2) most diverse private college in Washington State in 2020, Saint Martin’s is extremely proud of our student diversity. Our university treasures persons of all abilities, ages, ethnicities, genders, nationalities, orientations, races, and religions. In particular, we know that students educated in an ethnically diverse settings perform better academically and reap greater professional success than their peers from more homogeneous learning environments. We proudly celebrate that our student population is 51% undergraduate and 32% graduate students of color. We are committed to pursuing an employee community which reflects a similar, if not the same percentage.
Therefore, we intentionally encourage and request that members of historically underrepresented groups apply to join this community. All of us, from all backgrounds, are making a commitment to do and be better for our students, faculty and staff.
Established in 1895, Saint Martin’s University serves as the educational mission of Saint Martin’s Abbey. The Abbey is a Catholic Benedictine monastery, whose members pray, work, and live together on the University campus. As the mission is Catholic and Benedictine, one of our values is a spirit of hospitality welcoming all, regardless of an individual’s faith, religion, or spirituality.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities - Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this position. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Patrols university property on foot, bicycle and by motorized vehicle.
• Monitors access control system and closed-circuit TV system
• Responds to calls for service, including but not limited to fire and trouble alarms, suspicious persons on campus, personal and vehicle accidents, reported crimes against persons and property occurring on campus.
• Answers/provides appropriate response to emergency and business-related telephone calls.
• Provides escort services for campus community. Initiates incident reports and conducts investigations.
• Completes accurate logs and records of all security related activities. Work includes rotating shifts.
• Provides parking services/enforcement as needed.
• Develops and consults with campus community members.
• Performs some patrol and escort functions with the use of a motor vehicle or on foot
• Actively engage campus community in addressing public safety concerns.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
For additional information on this position or to apply, please visit our website at Work at Saint Martin’s .
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field, OR, relevant training and experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the degree requirement.
• Two (2) years of police, campus security, or related full-time experience.
• Must be at least twenty-one years of age.
• Possess a valid State issued driver’s license.
• Pass a background/criminal history check including a review of driving record.
• Certification in CPR and First Aid required within 30 days of employment.
Saint Martin's University|
Saint Martin’s University has been ranked among Money’s Best Value Colleges 2019. Money ranked Saint Martin’s as one of the top 50 most transformative colleges or universities in the nation, which means that the University’s graduates fare well in terms of employment and income mobility. Saint Martin’s is the only college or university in Washington listed on the most transformative colleges list. In addition, the University is one of the 28 small-sized (fewer than 2,500 students) Best Value Colleges on the West Coast, and ranked highest among small-sized colleges and universities in Washington.
Established in 1895, Saint Martin’s University is the educational mission of Saint Martin’s Abbey, a Catholic Benedictine monastery, whose members pray, work, and live together on the University campus. The physical beauty of Saint Martin’s 300-acre campus reflects the rich intellectual and spiritual nature of its presence in the Pacific Northwest.
Essential features of university life are animated by its Benedictine identity and its participation in the centuries-old traditions of Catholic intellectual thought and the search for truth.
Thus, the University honors students and guides them towards achieving academic excellence. Superior teaching is the expected norm. Rooted in the long tradition of the liberal arts, the university curriculum cultivates creativity and the ability to communicate and pursue ideas; critical thinking and independent inquiry; academic proficiency; the formation of sound ethical judgments; and service to humanity.
Reflecting the Benedictine virtue of hospitality, the University welcomes and, indeed, seeks students not only from the Pacific Northwest, but also from other parts of the nation and the world at its main and extension campuses. Saint Martin’s treasures persons of all ages, religions, and nationalities as it encourages cognizance of diverse viewpoints and an appreciation of all cultures.