Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Lieutenant - Department of Campus Safety (S1158)|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Lieutenant assists and supports the Deputy Chief and Chief/Executive Director of Campus Safety in varied department duties by ensuring compliance with University policies, local, state, and federal laws and overseeing a host of operational and administrative strategies to maximize safety and security in and around the university community. As part of the Department of Campus Safety Command Team, manages department operational and/or administrative personnel and duties as assigned. Employs appropriate organizational leadership strategies to train/mentor department staff and hold them accountable to department/university policies, procedures, and directives. Responds appropriately to emergency/crisis calls to protect persons or property from crimes or other hazards. When necessary, responds after-hours to exigent/crisis situations requiring Command Team intervention. Works various shifts as assigned including nights and weekend. Collaborates/communicates with a variety of internal and external stakeholders on issues of mutual interest. Serves as an effective, positive liaison between the Department of Campus Safety and all internal/external stakeholders.
* Bachelorís Degree or equivalent from a four-year college or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Completion of P.O.S.T. Level I Reserve Officer training required from a state-accredited Police Officers Standards and Training (POST) Academy (part-time or full-time) is a plus.
* Must be able to physically perform all duties and tasks related to this position.
* Ability to obtain a "guard card" issued by the State of California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Department of Consumer Affairs. Ability to obtain certification in CPR, first-aid, AED, pepper spray,and collapsible baton/ASP.
* Must successfully pass a criminal, DMV, and financial background investigation.
* Previous law enforcement, college and/or university Campus Safety, or security management experience preferred; three to five years of law enforcement equivalent and/or private enterprise, in a successful leadership/supervisory role.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage/mentor assigned personnel
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Candidates must profess a Christian worldview and demonstrate a daily commitment to living expectations consistent with the tenets of Christianity and the university.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description