Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Faculty in Higher Education (F702)|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelorís, masterís and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Faculty in Department of Higher Education
Position Tracking Number: F702
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Department: Higher Education
This position is a 10-month faculty position in the Department of Higher Education teaching at both the masterís and doctoral level, advising masterís and doctoral students, supervising dissertations, and conducting research.
* Teaching in a weekend doctoral program and a masterís program for Student Affairs professionals, supervising dissertations, advising masterís and doctoral students, and conducting research.
* May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites as programs develop.
Level: Rank is open
Earned doctorate in Higher Education or a related field, excellent teaching and communication skills, strong organizational abilities, track record of scholarship, and ability to integrate faith and learning appropriately in diverse cultures.
Experience: Teaching experience, global educational experiences, dissertation committee experience.
Workload: 10-month contract (27 units), teaching 6-7 courses per year
Hire Date: Open until filled.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects of this role.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
* Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visithttp://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.